Saturday, November 5, 2011

My wife wanted to seriously talk, and she did...

Mostly about my failings, how our finances are, and that she was going to retire and wouldn't be able to buy groceries any longer. All things I have known about for years, and when I was young I would have been upset about it, I am very calm now. It all doesn't matter, I will be dead soon enough and she will be a widow and will have it all.

So we went over the money, the need for updated wills, and what she would expect to have to live upon when I am dead. She doesn't really understand, her friends have to tell her what she needs to do to get what she should have had me do long ago. The Disability came up again, seems she knows some other women that their husbands get disability payments and why am I not going to the VA to get mine. That was added to my plate, I will check into it.

I ended up going and chopping down the old garden, it will be grass next year, and moving the fence, the bricks I will get later for bordering the new garden. Then I went and got my walk in today, a very nice afternoon for it. Didn't need to stop before the top of the hill, makes me wonder if I should start moving out smarter, but I didn't bring my watch so I didn't even clock how long I was walking, but even if I recorded it, will I ever use that record for anything? Nope, it was the walk that was most important.

No comments: