Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Not really using my watch except to time my jog...


I often thought in my once regimented life that when I retired I would never wear a watch again. Or, that I would wear three piece suits and have a large gold pocket watch with a fancy fob, that I would sport around town impressing the beautiful young ladies. They are all glued to their latest electronic tether, for socializing beyond bacterial reach. The world changes but not my view, I seem so locked into yesterdays.

March 26 I weighed 240.0 pounds, BP 123/72 Hr 46, Bible Study and rains no run.

March 27 I weighed 241.0 pounds, BP 136/87 Hr 44, Church and day of Rest, no run.

March 28 I weighed 243.0 pounds, BP 124/83 Hr 43, watching my grandson (who is bored watching two little old people on a computer monitor - talking!) show us how he can JUMP! off of the floor now, his mother laughs proudly. It makes me want to get to Hawaii and see it for real. So I go jog, just 47m45s and find one quarter on the ground. Good feeling about being out, the day and the run. So good that after a shower I take my rolled coins to the Credit Union and visit the hospital to get a copy of the report of the chest x-rays that seem to be bothering their fine staff. The emergency room was full! I went to x-ray and found that they will burn a disc with the report for me to give my doctor or study at my leisure, like I know what I would be looking at. Yes, of course I will look, and remain sure that I will not do much but continue to run. The medications are too much about symptoms and not about cures. In the end, no one can cure death, and all the wrinkle creams and make ups may make me seem beautiful - but I am only good looking when I share my love. That doesn't come in a bottle with child proof cap.

No comments: