Thursday, February 21, 2008

Recovery is possible

I didn't go to work yesterday, I got to the parking lot and started walking towards the bus and decided I was a fool and should go home and rest. So I did, don't drive when you feel sick - it takes too much energy and concentration. At home I hit the bed for a solid six hours of sleep after submitting my sick leave request and calling the shift office at the prison to let them know I wouldn't be opening the library. I would drift in and out of sleep the remainder of the day, lots of liquids consumed and more sleep.

Today I weigh 206.0 pounds, blood pressure is 121/68 with a heart rate of 44 bpm. So I am recovering, and I had better rest again today - at work. Seems I have a fifteen K to run on Saturday and I will need to be better by then. I will still be running it slowly but for an old man that will be fine.

No comments: