Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Still like a fat grey lamb...

I weigh in at 225.4 pounds today and snarl that I should have jogged yesterday, or used the treadmill, but did neither, so it shows - fat fool follows. Blood pressure with snarls is 147/87 but the heart isn't troubled 41 beats per minute.

I have gruel with wife, she finishes her shows and I watch General Powell and his wife talking about taking interest in the children's education - geting out and doing something with children as well as the current Obama program, they want seventy percent graduation from high school. They could have a hundred percent, just give out the diplomas. I would rather all the youth learn as much as they need for a fine life. Which might have only a little to do with the school systems. I wrote too much on my blog about it, so my exercises were late.

I knock out 26 reps of the basic three twice, and then belt up for gentle jogging. 227 calories burnt, 55% fat ones, average heart rate 108 bpm, in Zone 18m9s,eXercised 43m3s, found one penny. I see and wave wildly at my old Gunnery Sergeant now Postal Carrier, he hollers back. I am ashamed I am waddling along so slow but happy that he sees me trying anyway. I am starting up the hill at home when my wife is coming down, driving to her work, I wave and smile and wish her a great day. When I get home I sit on the porch step watching the Robin's mating ritual (the part where he drives off the competition - I understand that so well) and listen in the quiet neighborhood to the songs and cries of the other feathered creatures. I think about the rest of my day, working in the yard and garden for my home and wife. Don't turn on the television - it is so worthless - no reality upon it most of the time and it just eats at my better intentions.

No comments: