Saturday, September 6, 2008

Walking the dog...

I am following Wyatt and feel his disappointment in gaining pounds after working forty of them off, but he is aware of it and will address the issue. So as I commented to him, I am a lost cause and want to blame everything and one except me, but I am so much smarter than that and after weighing this morning I go and jog, a long one for an hour and fifteen minutes. As I run, I think and look for money (found three bright pennies and rescued them). I notice a long legged red head and she is walking with a chubby fella that is walking their (?) Chow Chow, whose red hair almost matches the lanky lady's. But as I think, people with dogs get out once a day to walk the dog, twice if the dog and they are really lucky and the dog thrives on the walk, the new stuff to sniff and the joy of the pack prowl. So I wonder why the rest of modern America isn't out walking or jogging their heart - it needs the same care and concern one gives the favorite pet, exercise, time together and adventures in what is on the way, the smells of bakeries and pretty women and the smiles of children - it all does better for the heart than the constant pounding while piled on the recliner in front of the TV with remote in hand... take the heart out for a walk or a jog, you both deserve it.

09/04/08 Weigh 205.5 pounds, blood pressure 150/86, heart rate 28 bpm. Walk to dock.

09/05/08 Weigh 204.5 pounds, blood pressure 146/83, heart rate 62 bpm. Walk to dock.

09/06/08 Weigh 203.5 pounds, blood pressure 134/89, heart rate 40 bpm. Go for a gentle jog.
768 calories, 40% fat ones, Heart rate average 120 bpm, in Zone 54m28s, Exercised 1h14m53s.

No comments: