Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Missing me, I haven't been hard enough...


Started re-reading "Younger Next Year..." before I evolve into the LazyBoy layered in blubber. Sad, so sad, to be sucked into the virtual world on the computer monitor or the other make believe land on your television screen in High Definition, like I needed more reason to wallow in a comfy nest of my own making - ever becoming less than human beings were evolved to become, or very intelligently designed to be... always less if I just don't move enough.

Back in the day (oh, another flash back) when I was running (really running not jogging) and doing marathons for various reasons (almost none of them logical) I told everyone two facts of humanity. The human is designed to jog twenty to twenty-five miles a day, every day of its life, and the pace of the jog is the same as the trot of a dog - before we started fooling with natural selection and producing lap dogs and toys. The second fact was that any healthy human can jog twenty miles - it is always that last 10K (6.2 miles) of a marathon that kills you.

Well, no marathon today - just an hour and six minutes on the road, waving at the heart walker (he wears reflective clothing, too), nodding a greeting to the great-grandfather walking his future to the bus stop - very protectively, good on him! Well, a cuppa coffee, hot shower and out to the real world of libraries inside the cage. Do they have libraries in the zoo for the animals? Nah, unless they have lots of smarter chimps. Next?

No comments: