Monday, June 16, 2008

Preaching Sermons, not listening to self...

Friday the 13th, weight 204.5 pounds, blood pressure 127/86, heart rate 43 bpm.
Saturday, weight 205.0 pounds, blood pressure 131/88, heart rate 41 bpm.
Sunday, weight 207.0 pounds, blood pressure 154/89, heart rate 43 bpm.

Friday evening I watched a neighbor put four spoons of sugar in his coffee with a drop of milk. It bothered me, I had been like that and I started my sermon on cutting sugar and other refined carbohydrates. Others pitched in, talking about their medical problems some of which could have been addressed by better living and studying food and nurishment - which might not be the same thing. I got to the Biblical points of "Love thy neighbor as thy Self" and concentrate on the love of self (which many people ignore) and remembering that the body is a temple for the Lord, and one should not profane the temple. I was on a roll, but two days later I haven't done any exercising for my health and my weight is back up. Time to get serious about Self and knock off those pounds and get stronger and healthier. I was riding motorcycles on Saturday instead of the Annual Sound to Narrows Road Race.

No comments: