Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day wrap up...

Sunday I weighed 205.5 pounds, blood pressure of 137/84 with a heart rate of 43 bpm. I go jog, longer and do intervals a bit, 595 calories burned, 50% of them fat, average heart rate 116, in Zone 58 minutes 3 seconds, Exercised 1 hour 1 minute and 43 seconds, two pennies found. Church and Indiana Jones followed shopping for half sleeved shirts and underwear.

Monday I weigh 207.0 pounds, and I take the flag out to fly at half staff for the morning, or until I return from the National Cemetery at Mt Tahoma. I go jog a relaxed mostly longer route, thinking about Memorial Day and funeral details from the Vietnam Era of my memories. 670 calories burned, 50% of them fat, average heart rate 114 bpm, in Zone 1 hour 3 minutes 42 seconds, Exercised 1 hour 13 minutes 17 seconds and saved a nickel and a penny. A couple of walkers out and a good day for the exercise. I had to motorcycle to the cemetery for enough flags to seem flown. When I find out later that this three day weekend is an economic stimulus scam for Summer sales and starting vacations and Congress had to mandate a minute at three for a real moment of silent remembrance of the War Dead, I come to the conclusion that I must have missed another shift in American culture. One day it won't even be: Lest we forget.

No comments: