Saturday, May 3, 2008

Saturday calls to me..

I wake early enough, take the medicine and then turn on the computer. I go weigh, 204.5 pounds this morning, blood pressure is 132/72 with a resting heart rate of 44 beat per minute. Off to get some coffee and breakfast and read blogs and write comments and remember that I should be a quiet lurker unless there is something truly worth mentioning. I finally wake my wife so she can prepare herself for the day. We drive off to Fort Lewis, where they had a big bomb scare yesterday, and find out that her records are completely posted and her ID is very current, she will have to get another in five years but then when she turns seventy-five they will give her one without an expiration date. A few more years.

We decide to go to the YMCA, since it is raining, for our workout and walking. I think I should stop at the Triumph dealer and look into getting a sissy bar for the motorcycle. She agrees and we do, lot of lovely machines on the floor and I ask for and get a sissy bar kit, and my wife sees some gloves she would like to wear - she has boots, gloves and a helmet. As I pay for the purchases she quietly asks if they service mounting the sissy bar, just in case I can't do it. They do, but the salesman and I laugh at me not being able to mount this - he doesn't know how bad I can be on mechanical stuff.

At the YMCA I do five thousand on the rowing machine, she walks laps and then we use different machines for different things. Exercise time was fifty-one minutes for me, but forget the zone and calorie burn, I was just moving. I would do some chin ups at home after I mounted the sissy bar and cleaned then greased the chain on the motorcycle. It was still raining, I am hoping for Sunshine tomorrow so I can ride and pose on my fine, improved for female companionship, motorcycle. I won't have any female companion ship, but it is like preparing for rain, it could happen.

No comments: