Saturday, May 17, 2008

What color of sunburnt does me justice?


Lovely beautiful Summer day here, and I weigh 205.5 pounds, blood pressure is 129/83, and heart rate is 42 bpm. After breakfast I go with my wife to walk Ruston Way and marvel at the motorcycles, custom cars and herds of people. It was great, families having fun, people stretching their legs and smile and dogs panting for more water as they heat up. Temperature is over eighty until you hit the water, then you are back at fifty-something. The retrievers going after sticks and balls in the water have the best of both worlds.

I buy KFC/A&W lunch and go home for nap, all the windows are open and I have work that I want to do, but my wife tells me to save it for the later afternoon. I wake from the nap a just lovely lobster red color - they used to talk about the "pink and red" Dungey boys - my father's farming generations, we don't tan well, although I came close in Vietnam.

Record breaking ninety degree temperature at SeaTac Airport, with all the asphalt and concrete soaking up the Sun, what would they expect?

No comments: