Saturday, March 22, 2008

Resolution Run, ran without enough resolution...

Wake at six and take my hormone supplement, drink water, make coffee, weigh 206.0 pounds, take my heart medicine, drink coffee and read blogs and comment, go make gruel and look at the weather - frost and ice on windshield, blood pressure is 122/81 with a heart rate of 109 bpm, or doing it all over 127/78 with a heart rate of 43 bpm (better). I see Diane Sawyer has spent two years with prostitutes and now wants to share her experiences, and their lives, all too sad for me.

I get dressed for cold weather running - although I will only jog gently, twenty K's is a long, long way for an old guy like me. The weather is perfect, Sunny, clear blue skies, no wind, and dry road way. At nine we start, I am so slow -- this is the last run of the series and those chosing to only do the five k are coming back before I have even warmed up. I am falling farther and farther back, never thinking that those I could be ahead of haven't gotten up from their beds yet. I am displeased, so I sing to myself - Country Gospel, put your hands in the hands of the man that stilled the water... over and over in my head, a few of the regular hymns, but mostly coming back to that one song as the miles slide on. One woman makes the first water point and finds she missed the turn around for the five K, she has almost done five miles by the time she will get in - good work, even if it was an accident. I think about turning around at five mile mark, ten miles is respectable - but I would be dissappointed in me, wouldn't I? Yep, so five mile mark is past, and I am catching up to the heavy young lady with more go than I got, but I am steady. I do pass her finally, and that makes me a winner! Okay, not that big a deal. I do make the ten k turn around, slap hands with the person making sure I know where I am, and I am over half way, everything on the way back just drops away. What do I see for distraction, well, the twenty mile runners start passing me as I get to my six mile left mark - they are tough and fast, I never could have been that good, could I have been? Well, a have been once was... me. The miles drop off and I make two GatorAid stops and drop the paper cup into the trash can - I hate lazy runners that throw the cups on the ground, but then hate is a wasted emotion, rather thank the nice people providing the fluids and cleaning up the mess. I am on a roll, find a penny, continue to run all the way in, total time two hours forty minutes and some seconds, sigh, such a slug.

1821 calories and 35% of that fat ones, average Heart rate 126, Zone 1 hour 33 minutes 31 seconds, exercise time 2 hours. 40 minutes 17 seconds. I eat a baked potato with stuff and head home, my wife was worried since I took so long and was going to call. But she didn't.

No comments: