Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Garbage Day, taking out the trash...

For motivation and fitness we watched WWE RAW on the cablevision last night, I still can't believe I am older and so much younger looking (?) than Rick Flair, the Nature Boy. But my wife and I laughed loudly at the pretend punches being thrown (she can really punch and I am always too willing). Ah, well, humor is in the head of the happy. I weigh 206.5 pounds, bp is 149/89 and heart rate is 41 bpm. I write and read about Tam's future broomstick (DR-Z400SM looks likely), something about the Supreme Court's Day today, and then eat gruel, watch the weather and go for my heart's jog.

A little gray sky, misty rain falls, and I jog vigorously but gently, saying hello to another heart walker and pretending the children waiting for school bus pick up aren't going to laugh at my feeble efforts. I stretch the stride a few times and keep the pace and breathing up as I day dream about writing blogs - yeah, right. 677 calories burned, 45% should have come from FAT (1600 calories in one pound of fat), average heart rate 120 bpm, in Zone 1 hour 3 minutes 52 seconds, exercise time total was !:05.23 and I am happy, my wife unlocks and opens the front door for me.

One morning news show has a bit about zoo animals put on a Weight Watchers diet because they can't get the exercise they would in the wild. But looking at human beings most of our health issues with weight are because we aren't hunter/gatherers in the wild anymore with a twenty miles on foot per day looking for food as the natural norm. But we live in modern cages: the car a cage on four wheels, the home a rambler in the neighboorhood development, the job in the cubicle or office without the window - another cage. Don't start thinking about mental health in the cages, they have problems with social issues among the zoo animals, too.

No comments: