Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Don't turn on the computer... the world won't wait

So I woke at 4:15, took my medications, made the coffee, weighed in at 209.0 pounds! Blood pressure is 121/80 and heart rate is 45 bpm. I have devotions and it is 4:40, I go to the family room kitchen and make my gruel and knock out fifty reps of the basic three exercises, eat gruel and drink coffee watching for motorcycling weather. I hit the treadmill for twenty-five minutes doing 2.1 miles, 290 calories, 40% fat burned, average heart rate 127 bpm, in zone for 24 minutes and 28 seconds, exercise time 25 minutes and 11 seconds. Go for more coffee, hot shower, shave and brush teeth. Dress for cold and damp but motorcycling allowed. I walk to the dock and enjoy my day - well, I did blow my stack, but that was good for me, what a fool. Day finished I ride my motorcycle home in the drizzle that turned to rain. Ate a fine homemade chilli and salad dish, more coffee and the world news. Nothing good to know there. I call my mother in the Rehab Center, she is going to bed, can't hear on the telephone and she is sad. Off to turn on the computer, read my favorite writers and artists, leave notes of no consequence. My wife knocks out thirty-five minutes on the treadmill, so I knock out forty with two five pound dumb bells for balance. 2.61 miles, exercised 40 minues, in zone 30 minutes 5 seconds, 393 calories burned, 40% of that fat. Finished I get to sit down and talk to my son somewhere in the Pacific on Skype.com and he gets to rant and plan a return to civilization before he ships to Hawaii. Good to talk to him, the longer we talk the more civil and social we become. Nice way to close a good day. Time for another hot shower and sleep perchance to dream.

No comments: