Monday, March 3, 2008

March Madness...

I was going to shoot yesterday, carried a pistol to church and then to the range afterwards. Slid my bike on loose waterstone gravel and laid it down, exciting and a fool thing to do. Two men came out and helped me lift it back up, the right mirror doesn't want to hang straight but after bending the rear brake pedal back into position I am ready to ride again. I didn't get to shoot, seems the range was out of .45 APC, so what I was carrying wasn't going to be enough. Back on the bike and down the road, the ride was worthy an effort. Right knee felt a little wrenched but that is just me.

I weigh 208.0 pounds today, blood pressure is 156/88 and heart rate is 33 beats a minute. I find I forgot to take my half medicine yesterday, missed the moment and pick it up again today. I have to quit hiding from life, hibernation should be over and I need to get out and do.

Rain outside I hit the treadmill to clear my lungs, walk my heart and weigh myself down with five pound dumb bells. Only forty minutes, 401 calories and 40% of that fat calories (so the computer says) average Heart rate is 122 bpm, in Zone 31 minutes 34 seconds, total exercise time is forty minutes. Done to Country music, Louisana Saturday Night among others. The dumb bells are for balance, I should get a rubber M-14 for rifle drills. But then I would have to search hard to find any army using them, once they were a staple of fitness training and weapon familiarization - now we keep the weapons locked up most of the day. I need the old PT manual from the 1950-60's. FM 21-20?

No comments: