Saturday, March 8, 2008

Hibernation is OVER! git up and git out...


I had strange dreams of coffee shop ladies and comfort girls, never so many women in my dreams, but I was okay for the long haired girl friend (who became my wife) was with me. Very different dreams and no reason for them I could imagine. I wake earlier than the Sunrise, which is soon to be delayed by Congressional order. I forget to take my medicines, do remember devotions and measurements, I weigh 209.5 pounds and my blood pressure is 129/84 with a heart rate of 39 bpm. After checking email, delete and some answers, then the blogs then to eating my gruel and finding out what I am to fear according to the media - I am ready to change my ways, the Sun is up and behind the clouds and I need to move muscles and start living again.

I knock out fifty repetions of the basic three: bent leg sit ups, push ups, and squats. The very minimum basic body weight exercise for the day, should be more but I have laid off too long with the congestion and cold. I get my heart rate monitor belt on, and go out to jog. Cool and gray a jogger's day, I am going a little long but shorter than I should - in two weeks I have a twenty kilometer road race to run, work on that form. I see signs of Spring all around, buds, flowers and birds pairing up looking for love in all the right places. The geese on the island have paired and are staking out territory for nesting, as long as it isn't inside the fence they aren't troubled by the guards. I have a good pace, getting into the zone quickly and I remind myself about the stretch and the stride a few times. No dark dog problems, one heart walker with two women in support and their better health along laughing. I pick up two pennies in different places and feel richer already. The jog is 57 minutes and 29 seconds, in the zone for 53 minutes and 45 seconds, with an average heart rate of 118 beats per minute. About 571 calories burned, and forty-five percent of that should have been from fat.

I wake from a nap (so old man-like) covered by a blanket, I get up and go to the chin up bar, two attempts at chin ups, mix ups and pull ups. Mind over matter, not strong enough mind and way too much matter, feeble attempts to be fixed with more work. I take a test of What D&D character would I be.

Lawful Good Human Paladin/Cleric (4th/4th Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 14
Dexterity- 16
Constitution- 15
Intelligence- 16
Wisdom- 16
Charisma- 14

I am not that perfect but wouldn't mind playing such a fine fellow, back to the chin ups!

No comments: