Sunday, March 9, 2008

Saved some Daylight, did ya?


I sleep later, and then get up to eggs and toast, I weigh 207.0 pounds (exercise does work) blood pressure of 138//88 and the resting heart rate of 40 bpm. I watch CBS Sunday Morning and they continue to cover the seventy year olds that have shaped my world, and long departed artists - one who loved women well, very well.

Well, got to ride my motorcycle to church, practicing with the choir - which is really good for one's breathing - although I was sure the Director was about to remove me for failing to find the correct notes, I would never know the difference but she can hear it... the service was fine and then the Youth with their adult advisors had a Baked Potato feast for five bucks each. I went in support, although I didn't get the potato, their chilli, salad makings, cheese, tomatoes, celery, carrots and onions all were my kind of health food, and so filling. I would have eaten a raw potato, but baked is almost pure sugar in my system. I did get a piece of birthday cake with thick icing. Off I rode to pick up my pistol and fifty rounds of .45 APC (in case he didn't have any). The ride to the range is good, the shooters are having lots of fun and I buy two more boxes of .45, and it costs $17.50 per - time to start reloading? The dollar isn't buying enough any more. I shoot my target very well, stopping after thirty-five rounds, the lower right quadrant of the black is gone with a couple of close enough but no cigars. One failed extraction, immediate action went well, I would be lying if I told you I was the best shooter with a pistol when I was there - but I could have been first loser.

I ride back home, find my wife thinking about going to the YMCA, I am for that - if she is really over her cold, otherwise we can wait. We wait. I knock out the fifty repetitions of the basic three exercises, the lactic acid is in the muscles from yesterday - I need more exercise and better circulation when it comes along. As my wife falls asleep into her nap I put on the heart monitor chest strap and go out to jog. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so I will run hard today and fast after seven tonight. The jog is good, I see five motorcyclists, no joggers nor walkers, three skateboarders and no dark dangerous dogs. 417 calories, 40% of them from fat (don't you believe it), average heart rate 125 bpm, in zone for 34 minutes 12 seconds, exercise time is 37 minutes and 15 seconds. Eat some dinner, seaweed soup with beef, and a hot shower and reading, life is good and can only get better.

No comments: