Friday, March 28, 2008

Strange days by weather and medicines defined?



Thursday I weigh 207.0 pounds, blood pressure is 152/88 with a heart rate of 40 bpm. Friday morning I weigh 207.5 pounds, blood pressure is 125/75 with a heart rate of 47 bpm. I came home late but went crashing to bed and slept soundly until 4:30 am on Friday. I had been invited to my (and the other boys' birthday celebration Thursday evening) and wasn't there and was missed. I want to blame my adjustments to the medications but it could have been the sticker shock from my and my wife's doctor bills (I think they have a new clerk and weren't billing correctly) but maybe the doctor doesn't like us as much as our money.

As I drove to the conference I listened to the CDs: 'STAND UP' by Kevin Stone and 4tified 'MAN ON A MISSION' - both great gospel songs and music, really moving stuff and worth sharing with my brother (the musician) one day. I get to the conference and find gift bags full of wonderful stuff just for Earl and his sixtieth birthday, the other two men (50 & 60) got their goodies and celebration last night. They had me pegged, dragons abounded, watercolors, drawing paper, handmade card with motorcycle pieces and good wishes (from the sixty-five year old lady who will retire in a year and three months), a musically singing card - Macho macho man! (well, only in my dreams), other cards about sixty isn't old, it is RETRO and that is cool (that is why my motorcycle and the Bowie are so like my Colt Model IV series 70 (.45 cal semi-auto) old stuff for an old guy going RETRO. My wife laughs at the multiple dragons wondering if we will have to sell them one day. Nope, we will wait until they fly or waddle away on their own.

Snowing most of the day, not sticking in the lowlands, but those mountain passes are icy and closing, our Eastern Library Keepers will have to detour to Oregon for travelling East if they don't make the cut before closing. I am resting one more night and tomorrow I will start training again, got to get rid of the piles of procrastination, there is a Home Owners Meeting tomorrow and any pistol shooting will have to be after church on Sunday. How does it all sneak up on me, one would think I wasn't watching. Best thing about today, health and happiness-wise, was talking to my son over Skype.com on the computer and internet, then calling and talking to my mother - both sounded pretty good, and I am amazed at how close we are in timely communications although there are many thousands of miles between us.

No comments: