Saturday, April 19, 2008

Patriots' Day, 1775 remembered


The shot heard round the world. And President Clinton orders the attack on the Branch Davidians, to protect the children. No sense of History. I weigh 208.5 pounds, blood pressure is 128/72 and my heart rate is 38 beats per minute. My ankle feels better, my sinus problem remains and SNOW is falling on our home, yard and road - is Al Gore in hiding yet? This will be the hottest Summer on record, just you watch.

My wife cooks me oatmeal with and egg under it, and we decide to visit the YMCA for exercise after answering the telephone and calling my mother in West Virginia. The snow has melted and there are Sun patches in the gray quilted sky. I try walking on the outside edge of my right foot, no pain and I begin to think I will need to see a pediatrist for orthodonic inserts or funny shoes. At the Y I hit the rowing machine, first for five thousand meters then for another two thousand. I wear my heart rate monitor strap, 288 calories and 25% fat, average heart rate 127 bpm, in zone 8 minutes 8 seconds, exercise time is 38 minutes 25 seconds. I think the exercise was confusing my watch - at times I was 143 to 175 bpm and that doesn't sound like me, does it? I went and did eight more minutes on a bicycle machine just for the exercise. Back home for dinner and rest and reading.

No comments: