Tuesday, April 15, 2008

You're limping... Yes, and I am OLD...

Yesterday a corrections officer noticed my limp and commented on it. I figure I am lucky, still not having had that first heart attack or stroke - or mine are so minor I wouldn't notice. I was 209.5 pounds in weight, blood pressure 157/89 and a heart rate of 40 bpm. I knocked out my fifty reps of the basic three, did some chin up moves on the bar - couldn't call them chin ups, cause they didn't get that high - but I was hanging and struggling. I went jogging 393 calories burned 45% of the fat, average heart rate was 118, in Zone for 37 minutes and 20 seconds, exercising for 39 minutes and 45 seconds. I went to the Credit Union and then walked to the dock, and to work. I was caught limping, and I like to think I limp because of my motorcycle accident last August (NOT!), the medicines my doctor gives me cause my muscles and bones to fall apart, or that I am old and I am falling apart with or without medication.

Today my wife has had problems sleeping, but I didn't, and I knock out my fifty reps after breakfast gruel, then go and do a real chin up and several well intentioned struggles and hangs for more pressure on those good looking upper body muscles. I do notice that the whole core gets to flex and tense along with the working muscles while hanging. I dress for a jog outside, start and then think it is too cold, windy and my right foot is still foolish from the bicycle riding on Saturday - need to do it more. I return home and get on the treadmill and it doesn't feel any better than the road except for the lack of wind. I stop 42 calories, 50% of them fat, average heart rate 99 bpm, in Zone 3 minutes, 8 seconds, exercised (????) 9 minutes and 15 seconds - will have to work on that later today.

So I forgot to give you my weight 208.0 pounds, blood pressure 132/78 and heart rate of 43 bpm. I took the time not spent on exercise and printed out a long letter of my blogs for the week for my mother and my aunt - adding the extra parade pictures and such - the links don't work with print on paper and some of the writing depends on those links but they will ask if they need to. Off to work and walk to the dock, dropping the mail at the post office. Slow train blocking the track but no problem in the long run. Work well all day come home and go to sleep early after dinner - seems my wife had an opportunity to back her car into a truck = damage to her car slight, she says she really hurt the truck, so that is on her mind and she isn't happy. I laugh at her, because she moved the car because she thought it was in a bad parking space and her break was earlier than normal and she knew something was going to happen and hadn't slept well and I can't make it right immediately - but it will happen.

No comments: