Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Missed BAG day, sigh, I have enough already...

So we woke late, I have a doctor's appointment at 10:45 AM, I weigh 208.5 pounds, blood pressure is 130/78 with a heart rate of 37 bpm, resting waiting for the rev'n up. I knock out 3 half chin ups, and do the fifty reps of the basic three. Then I wander the internet, looking for shoulder holsters and current blog thoughts.

At the doctor's I get the big American nurse, she isn't gentle and the needle gets the blood anyway - when I really hurt I will be asking for my favorite nurse. The doctor comes, chats checks my blood pressure twice, his nurse has already done it once. Wonders if there have been any reactions to the medication - I tell him I am blaming everything on it - especially the weight gain, but he knows I am kidding. He does expect it will make my heart rate faster, and he expected the night sweats that first week - but he never told me.

I stop and look at shoulder holsters at the gun shop, find something that would work well, but don't buy it this time. Measurements are very important, and I want to be a skinny kid again but a slimmer old fellow is about all my future holds. Home to watch Marvin and Bronson in "Death Hunt" which makes me want to take my old body out on the road. Since the Sun has broken through I could overdose on Vitamin D!!! Yeah! 454 calories 35% fat ones, Heart rate 128 bpm, Zone 19 minutes 38 seconds, Exercise 40 minutes 33 seconds. Seems my heart was racing or the monitor was hearing echoes when I started jogging. But the forty minutes is more important than the Zone. My foot was limping for a bit, but settled well and painlessly into the jog about the time my heart got right in rhythm...

I had an interesting 'hot' spot yesterday on the way to work, thought I had been lased on my left arm/elbow. I ignored it, but later in the Library I had that warm feeling same spot again - nothing I could see nor understand - just another mystery in my universe - like women, I won't ignore them but will never understand them either.

No comments: