Sunday, April 13, 2008

What is the Sunday for...


I wake too early, weigh 208.5 pounds, blood pressure is 137/84 and heart rate of 40 bpm. Take my medications, drink coffee and get on the motorcycle to go to the Methodist Men's Breakfast, where the best part is making, then eating the breakfast - get to tell stories and today we had Chris, just turned eighteen, and we honored (?) him with our attention and gave him a bit of the lore of being a man they don't give you in high school (all tall tales and lies, of course). He took it all in good humor and he told about his recent motorcycle accident, his grandfather mentioned that Chris's father was against his interest in firearms (although there are lots of shooters in the Men's group; hunters and fishermen, too). He helped clean up after - I always seem to get the washing of the dishes and he dried.

I rode the motorcycle home after, it was turning cloudy and cold, and yesterday's wonderful weather is History, sigh, this is the Great Northwest, nine months of rain, three months of Sunshine. I put the clean machine away and take the bicycle down and get it ready to ride, and I ride it back the two miles to church, relearning the gear pattern and such - it has been a long time. I sing with the choir, pay attention to the Sermon story and have coffee with Hal after, I get a truly wonderful beautiful smile from a mother that thinks I am watching her little girl - I was actually staring into space but the smile brought me back and I am so undeserving of that, but WOW! you don't forget beautiful deep smiles into one's tomorrows. I ride the bicycle back home and laugh at trying to keep the pace on the hills up and down - and although similar, leaning on a bicycle isn't half as much fun as it is on a motorcycle - but that may be the pumping action - different muscles.

The rains return, scattered and light, but enough to slow me down, I do work more on getting lights working on the bicycle again, and I will have to find my bicycle helmet if I am going to cruise around. All one's exercises should be fun and frolic.

No comments: