Saturday, April 5, 2008

Stop and analyze, ponder, recover & repair...

I read the update of my friend's mother and think about her and my own, they are being nursed back into health. Their families do worry, prayers are needed and are so prayed. How is it that such important people in our lives, gave so much of themselves in love of family and children that they didn't take better care of themselves? So in my guilt I want to blame them? Of course, it couldn't be my fault that I didn't tell them what is better and healthier - but it was, I have always been the little boy that needed a hug and attention with my parents, even when I grew up and tough and went off to wars, I came home and blurted out the F*** word and went into personal shock at my lapse of manners. I needed a hug, and didn't know how to give one. I read Isaiah 44, and prayed and thought.

Personally, my care of self stinks and I could do so much better. Thursday I weigh 211.5 pounds, 163/84 blood pressure, heart rate 39bpm. I walk to dock. Friday I weigh 210.5 pounds, 140/88 blood pressure with heart rate of 38 bpm, I did walk to the dock. Today I weigh 212.0 pounds, blood pressure is 135/97 and my heart rate is 41 bpm. I must start exercising instead of excusing my indolence. Goal, 180 pounds of bone, muscle and a little fat for the famine...

I take my wife around, then get to pushing the lawn mower around the yard, and that should count for exercise of some kind. I lend the mower to my neighbor and he cuts his, since he is trying to sell his home and his mower is at his parents home. I rake up the clippings, the grass being too damp to bag well when cut and that does count for exercise - working the arms, shoulders and core (ha, ha). Then feeling like a real slug after a nice dinner from my wife and some fresh baked carrot cake, I do go jog - thank goodness. 359 calories, 50% from fat in my blood, average heart rate 116 bpm, in Zone for 33 minutes 11 seconds, exercise timed is 37 minutes and 53 seconds. I did find a penny on the road after having a great idea about getting my favorite boot knife out to sharpen and carry for cutting things. So I have approval for the thought, as long as I remember it later. I did get the boot knife and will clean it up and sharpen it a bit, it still has the edge I put on it years ago.

No comments: