Saturday, April 12, 2008

Fooled Again! or is that "Foiled Again, curses..."


I wake from a dream of riding my motorcycle through a red light and it all went black. End of ride, end of dream. I wake and take medication, weigh 206.5 pounds, blood pressure is 124/78 with a heart rate of 46 bpm. I start my devotions and my wife thinks I am cheating on her on the computer when she has a hot breakfast ready - she calls three times, each getting louder before I answer asking if I could just finish praying... silence from the kitchen. Scrambled eggs and toast wait for me. Seems I am adding to her stress, my girl friend is on the computer or my wife doesn't know I am waiting for her to be my girl friend again.

We putter around and then dress for the Daffodil Parade in Tacoma, perfect timing, parking and watching area by the Museum and UW. It was a good parade, three more towns to go for the marchers, but the day is perfect for sunburns and smiles. I watched carefully for pretty girls, but too many of them are still straightening their teeth, but they will be lovely later... I watch the drummers, very few of them are girls, boys seem to like the drums more. Finally one perfect teenage girl, beautiful and beating on a drum, if I were only forty-five years younger. Then I remember that at that age I didn't speak the same language as the girls, didn't have a clue that I was doing better than I knew and they were never going to tell me either. Having been a teen once, is enough. I wish them all well but I know it will be hard to figure themselves and the world out. The parade was good, and I loved the BMX bike boys bunny hopping over their adult coach sponsor laying on the ground in front of us, every eighty feet he would lay down again and they would start hopping over him - what are they going to do when someone gives them engines? Pirates abounded, and shot a cannon off for thrills and noise and just because they was pirates == my wife said they looked like motorcycle riders and I said the motorcycle riders try to look and act like pirates. Pirates was first, ar-r-rghh!.

After the parade lunch on me at A&W, new management lack of crew and customers. Then stopped at the Market for fruits and vegetables, and my wife reminded me to buy Lotto tickets. Then home to work, washing the cars, my motorcycle, inflating the tires on the bicycle and cleaning it up, then my wife started on cleaning the porch and the garage, I moved into the garage and took all gardening stuff out - it will go in the shed in the back. I moved the chin up bar and the health rider, moved tools and hung the bicycle up on the wall. Rolled the motorcycle back into its place in the garage. Closed and locked the door and was called to dinner. I mentioned to my wife on my test rides on the bicycle I had hurt my ankle because pedalling is an up and down motion that lumbering along isn't. After a quick look to see that there aren't any new candidates for President, Bush is still hiding in Texas, and that tax time is almost up I go back outside to cut the lawn. Which I did so well, I am just amazed and amazing.

I put everything away for the day, close the garage and my wife says I have done a good job and worked hard, she wanted a kiss and got one for acting like my mother all day. I get a hot shower, a chance to find out that no one emailed me, now coffee and sleep.

No comments: