Tuesday, April 8, 2008

tuesday, garbage day and it goes out...


I wake from dreams of being a Command Sergeant Major at a major parade function where I know none of the officers, my wife is there and then ignored and off as I move out to give commands to the Division (pretty impressive), I stop and look at my weapons, I seem to have two - an M16 and some super black and plastic almost spaceage rifle with slim silver colored cartridges. I am cleaning it and the ammunition. I find nothing strange about having weapons and ammunition at a parade - I had it when I was younger, old man's dreams feel the same.

I wake and take my medications, resupplied on the run to Fort Lewis yesterday, I was 210 pounds then, blood pressure was 138/78 and heart rate of 42 bpm. Today I am 208.5 pounds with a blood pressure of 155/132 and a heart rate of 28 bpm, so I take it again and get 149/91 with a heart rate of 39 bpm. I am alive. The garbage is gathered and put out and I have devotions, there are many people in nursing and hospitals that need God's touch and support for the families, every prayer helps. I have gruel and my wife has rice soup with her half of the banana and English muffin. We aren't cutting costs by halving the food, just sharing it for the space it will leave in the bellies, stuffed is for teddy bears. I write three checks and put them and the bills into envelopes and delay just a bit my exercises for the morning and the treadmill, the constant rain is going to keep me off the motorcycle today and the jogging joyously on the road... but I must adapt or become a fatter old man.

I found last night that my left foot is developing a mirror pain to the one in my right foot, which to me means it probably isn't due to the motorcycle crushing it, but could be aging badly - only whiskey and cheese seems to improve with age. I am not either... nor improving I knock out forty repetitions of the basic three, because I can and am determined to be less than I should be. One is hardest on oneself when being critical. So I go to jog on the treadmill looking about the wall, unfinished, for fifteen minutes for my heart and the children. 152 calories, 40% fat ones, average heart rate 122 bpm, in Zone 12 minutes 55 seconds, Exercised 15minutes 3 seconds. I am a little better man for that, thank the Lord.

No comments: